- Welcome to the Las Vegas Backgammon Club. We have tournaments at 7
p.m. every Tuesday evening, any special scheduling information will be clearly posted below. Late entries are usually available (final spot typically sells out between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.).
$10 entries $10 reentries, 7 point matches (9 point matches in the finals of a 16-player bracket),
single elimination. Please bring a board if you have one (if you don't, we have extras).
There is a new venue for the Vegas BG Club!
Where: Our club meets at Porchlight Grille -- 8416 W Desert Inn Road (NE corner of DI & Durango). Here's a map for Porchlight Grille.
Note the upcoming special schedule nights and/or interesting events:
- Wow! Ray Fogerlund has won 20 matches in a row at the Vegas club. That is huge, Ray joins the million to 1 club!
- Just the regular Tuesday schedule for now.
* There is no smoking in the main playing room.
* Sorry - No players under 21.
Contact: Call Tony Anton at 702-458-0926 (after 4PM Tue, 702-720-7742) for more information.
- The club will be dark on Tuesday December 25, 2018.
- The 2018 Maxakuli Cup will be held on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 -- an
Invitational tournament for the top 8 in the standings at the end of
- The club will be dark on Tuesday January 1, 2019 .
On April 9th we had 24 players in attendance.
- Tournament #1 (16): 1-Jim Tighi 2-Scott Douglas
- Tournament #2 (16):Split 1/2-Ray Fogerlund 1/2-Aaron Foust
- Tournament #3 (8):Split 1/2-Dennis McFarlin 1/2-Joe Apicella
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
Congratulations to Ray Fogerlund for winning the 2018 Maxikuli cup.
- Ray Fogerlund def Joe Apicella (11 - 9)
- Al Hodis def Aaron Foust (11 - 9)
- Dennis McFarlin def Tony Anton (11 - 7)
- Howard Markowitz def Brian Hoeft (11 - 2)
Round #2 (semi-finals)
- Ray Fogerlund def Al Hodis (11 - 1)
- Dennis McFarlin def Howard Markowitz (11 - 7)
Round #3 (finals)
- Ray Fogerlund def Dennis McFarlin (11 - 4)
United States Backgammon Rules - 2019.
Las Vegas Backgammon Club Rules - Updated for 2019.
2019 Standings through April 9th
Top 8 qualify for the LVBC Tournament of Champions
(a.k.a. the Maxakuli Cup)
|April Month Standings:|
2019 season ends on Dec. 17.
Maxakuli Cup will be on Wed., Dec. 18.
|Previous 12 Players of the Month||(Points/Weeks)|
|February 2019||Al Hodis||(50.0/4)|
|Jan 2019||Joe Apicella||(41.0/4)|
|Dec 2018||Paul Franks||(38.0/3)|
|Nov 2018||Aaron Foust||(49.0/4)|
|Oct 2018||Aaron Foust||(59.5/5)|
|Sep 2018||Al Hodis & Ray Fogerlund||(46.0/4)|
|Aug 2018||Howard Markowitz||(47.5/4)|
|Jul 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(66.0/5)|
|Jun 2018||Al Hodis||(51.0/4)|
|May 2018||Al Hodis||(61.0/5)|
|Apr 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(41.5/4)|
|Mar 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(56.0/4)|
|Feb 2018||Brian Hoeft||(53.0/4)|
1000 to 1 Club 2019
Club members winning 10 or more matches in a row in 2019
VegasBG 1000 to 1 Club Members