- Welcome to the Las Vegas Backgammon Club. We have tournaments at 7
p.m. every Tuesday evening. Late entries usually available (final spot typically sells out between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.).
$10 entries $10 reentries, 7 point matches (9 point matches in the finals of a 16-player bracket),
single elimination. Please bring a board if you have one (if you don't, we have extras).
Where: Our club meets at Calico Jack's -- 8200 W. Charleston Blvd., on the Northwest corner of W. Charleston Blvd and Cimarron Rd. Here's a map for Calico Jack's.
* There is no smoking in the main playing room.
* Sorry - No players under 21.
Parking: Please park behind the north edge of Calico Jack’s. We should leave the parking spots in front of Calico Jack’s, and spots against the west wall, for Jack's regular customers.
Contact: Call Tony Anton at 702-458-0926 (after 4PM Tue, 702-720-7742) for more information.
- The club will be dark on Tuesday December 25, 2018.
- The 2018 Maxakuli Cup will be held on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 -- an
Invitational tournament for the top 8 in the standings at the end of
- The club will be dark on Tuesday January 1, 2019 .
On July 10th we had 23 players in attendance.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, July 17th, 2018
- Tournament #1 (16):Split 1/2-Aaron Foust 1/2-Dennis McF
- Tournament #2 (16):Split 1/2-Tony Anton 1/2-Mike Cyrkel, Sr
- Tournament #3 (8):Split 1/2-Dennis McFarlin 1/2-Joe Apicella
Congratulations to Joe Apicella for winning the 2017 Maxikuli cup.
- Ramon Eleazar def Howard Markowitz (11 - 0)
- Dennis McFarlin def Al Hodis (11 - 9)
- Shay Asraff def Brian Hoeft (11 - 1)
- Joe Apicella def Aaron Foust (11 - 9)
Round #2 (semi-finals)
- Dennis McFarlin def Ramon Eleazar (11 - 9)
- Joe Apicella def Shay Asraff (11 - 10)
Round #3 (finals)
- Joe Apicella def Dennis McFarlin (11 - 6)
Updated United States Backgammon Rules - 2017.
Updated United States Backgammon Rules Options - 2017.
Las Vegas Backgammon Club Rules - Updated for 2018.
Current 2018 Standings through Tuesday July 10th
Top 8 qualify for the LVBC Tournament of Champions
(a.k.a. the Maxakuli Cup)
|July Month Standings:|
2018 season ends on Dec. 18.
Maxakuli Cup will be on Wed., Dec. 19.
|Previous 12 Players of the Month||(Points/Weeks)|
|May 2018||Al Hodis||(61.0/5)|
|Apr 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(41.5/4)|
|Mar 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(56.0/4)|
|Feb 2018||Brian Hoeft||(53.0/4)|
|Jan 2018||Ray Fogerlund||(55.0/5)|
|Dec 2017||Aaron Foust||(35.5/3)|
|Nov 2017||Shay Asraff||(47.5/4)|
|Oct 2017||Steve Diano||(55.5/5)|
|Sep 2017||Howard Markowitz||(39.5/4)|
|Aug 2017||Howard Markowitz||(59.0/5)|
|Jul 2017||Howard Markowitz||(54.0/4)|
|Jun 2017||Shay Asraff||(44.5/4)|
|May 2017||Steve Diano||(60.5/5)|
1000 to 1 Club 2018
Club members winning 10 or more matches in a row in 2018
VegasBG 1000 to 1 Club Members